Asset allocation is the most critical decision of investment management. It has a much greater impact on future investment returns than the performance of individual investment managers or investment strategies.
Recognizing the client’s needs is essential when establishing the appropriate risk posture. Moreover, a well-written investment policy statement (IPS) is paramount to any plan or investment firm. The IPS clearly articulates the organization’s goals and objectives, and states the investment portfolio’s purpose. It also removes emotion from the decision-making process and outlines the roles and responsibilities of various parties, including committee members, custodians/record keepers, and investment managers.
Based on capital markets projections and your objectives, Steinberger Consulting can propose optimal asset allocation strategies and help:
- Prepare your IPS
- Outline your investment objectives, investment guidelines, securities guidelines, and procedures for selecting and monitoring money managers
- Establish expectations for your portfolio’s risk and return, and performance measurement standards for money managers
- Search for money managers, mutual funds, ETFs and other investment vehicles based on your IPS guidelines
- Evaluate alternative money manager structures, money manager fees, and account minimums
- Coordinate and oversee implementation of your IPS
- Provide ongoing portfolio supervision